The Asian American Resource and Cultural Center has funds available to support student organizations, campus units, or individuals that focus on Asian American students, cultures, or issues.
Types of proposals AARCC might fund include:
- Honorariums/contracts for speakers or entertainers
- Audio/visual or other equipment for events
- Costs to attend professional or student conferences
- Publicity, including copying or mailing cost
- Demonstrate significant impact on Asian American students, cultures, or issues at UIC
- Show financial support from sources other than AARCC
- Have financial need for support
AARCC will NOT fund:
- Cash or gift certificates intended as event prizes
- Income-generating events or fundraisers
Proposed Funding Process
Please complete electronically the proposal form (including a budget – details below) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver a printed copy to AARCC at Taft Hall 101 by Friday, 9 a.m. at least two weeks before the event.
Do attach a budget that:
- Lists all expenses and amounts
- Lists all funding sources – how much they are providing and for what expenses
- Specifies the amount requested from AARCC and for what expenses
If you are considering applying and want to discuss your planned proposal, please contact Elvin Chan at 312-413-9196 or email@example.com.
Those funded must acknowledge the Asian American Resource and Cultural Center (do not abbreviate) on all publicity. This can be done with the AARCC logo (EPS high quality logos are preferred for print publicity). Copies of electronic and print publicity should be provided to AARCC when finalized.