The AARCC Ambassadors represent a diverse group of UIC faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners who work closely with Asian American students and/or have interest in Asian American issues. The roles and responsibilities of the Ambassadors include:
- participate in providing vision for AARCC’s mission, goals, infrastructure, and programs
- hear reports on activities and developments of AARCC
- make recommendations to AARCC staff based on needs of various constituencies
- act as a strategic group to advocate for AARCC and its needs when required
- serve as a sounding board for vital issues relevant to AARCC when needed
- attend AARCC public events and functions when possible
- play an outreach role for AARCC in the community on and off campus
- provide engaged support for the work and growth of AARCC
The Ambassador’s specific responsibilities can be flexible and evolving and subcommittees may be formed based on interests of individual members and needs of AARCC.
The AARCC Director, in consultation with other AARCC staff, selects members for the AARCC Ambassadors. Member terms are typically an academic year and can be renewed. If you are interested in serving as an AARCC Ambassador in the future, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AARCC Ambassadors meet once a year. Since the group only meets once a year, all members are expected to attend. The next meeting will be Friday, November 3, 2017.
AARCC Ambassadors 2019–2020
AARCC Student Ambassadors
The AARCC Student Ambassadors are leaders and play a vital part in shaping community standards and creating a safe and inclusive atmosphere for all students. Student Ambassadors are also a part of the AARCC Ambassador Board.
Our student ambassadors have a desire to further the accessibility of AARCC to their peers and actively work as a team to amplify and carry through the mission of the AARCC.
AARCC Student Ambassadors 2019 –2020